After rest and collecting my thoughts, I felt it necessary to inform the parents of the Troop 1 Scouts at Philmont the following observed opinion.
1. All of the scouts were well prepared for all aspects of the camping, hiking, and, backpacking skills necessary for a successful high adventure.
2. The level of mental and physical participation was excellent among the scouts and most adults. (wink)
3. The behavior of the 14-16 years olds in 725-U-01 was far better than I expected from that age group. Even an abundance of 'good manners' and proper respect of adults and each other made this trip a pleasure beyond a high adventure.
4. By the end of the trip everyone was working together as a well oiled machine. Not an easy task-getting everyone moving in the same direction.
5. Finally, I thank all of you for allowing me the time to share with your fine young men on such a wonderful adventure.